The Senate is the supreme academic body of the University and is chaired by the Vice Chancellor. The Senate is accountable to the University Council regarding developing and teaching of academic programmes, conducting research and monitoring community empowerment initiatives.
The Senate shall:
- Determine the student selection procedure and the maximum number of students to be admitted
- Determine the minimum admission requirements for academic programmes bearing in mind the existing laws
- Guide the stocking of the library in line with the academic programmes offered
- Recommend the introduction or discontinuation of academic programmes or courses within an academic programme
- Recommend opening or closure of faculties, departments or off-campus teaching centres
- Monitor and control the quality of teaching, learning and research